Essex 20 cancelled
With regret we have taken the decision to cancel the Essex 20 due to the ongoing adverse weather conditions. The course currently has deep snow drifts which local farmers are trying to clear but more snow is forecast. Whilst the weather could improve over the weekend we cannot be sure the roads will be clear, and even if most of the snow has gone the course will be completely flooded.
Obviously, we need to be certain we can hold a safe race which is obviously our priority. We are looking to see if it is possible to run the race in the next few weeks but in the event that this is not possible we hope to see you all in 2019.
Please spread the word amongst your fellow runners who may not check their emails to ensure runners don’t make the trek on Sunday unnecessarily